Tuesday, March 27, 2007

I try to steer clear of politics but.....

Sure it's been a long time since I've written. Sure you might have thought I was dead. Sure I almost was a time or two. But that doesn't change the fact that I'm back. It'll probably be a quick post this time, as I'm at work, and the super is in town today, so that means that busy is the look for today.

I found this early this morning. I think it's a sign of the time when ALL of the presidential hopefuls in the coming election have public MySpace pages (aside from Giuliani, but really, can you blame him?) One one hand I feel that it is a good thing that "serious" public peoples are beginning to take the internet, and it's wide array of advertising opportunities / avenues seriously. As a techno-geek, I find this instills me with hope.

But then you get the obvious side effects (caution, site might cause seizures or explosive hurling) of embracing such a mainstream, and accessible frontier, the influence of the general public. For instance, in one "righteous hack", l33t h4><0r Mike D of NewsVine (who created the myspace template McCains party used, as well as had access to the hosted images of said template). To call this a hack is just depressing to me. :o( (that's a sad face, because people make me sad....).

Enough, I'm out!
~M.

No comments: