Wednesday, October 1, 2008

SSRS 2008 Report Manager could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS...

Ah, another SQL 2008 post. And not only that, but 2 in one week. That's like some sort of record for me. I must really have something to say for a change.

Anyway, yesterday I posted about WMI errors that I was recieving when trying to install SQL 2008. Today I hit another issue when I tried to get to the Reports folder in my SSRS 2008 instance.

I was trying to view http://[servername]/Reports, but I recieved the following error:

"The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel."

A link to the solution can be found here, but if you don't feel like leaving, simply follow these steps:

1) Open up the Reporting Server Configuration tool found under the SQL Server 2008 directory (Start->All Programs->Microsoft SQL Server 2008->Configuration Tools->Report Server Configuration).

2) Connect to your server / instance.

3) Click the "Report Manager URL" section. Under URLs: you will see 2 links, one to port 80, and the other to a SSL port.

4) Click "Advanced"

5) In the "Multiple SS: Identities for Report Manager" section, highlight the one item in there, and click "Remove"

6) Click "OK" and "Apply" all the way out, and you should be good to go!

Hope this helps!
~M.

No comments: